Our Caregiver Support Center offers services and support to individuals who are providing care to a loved one with dementia.
Do you feel:
- Worried to leave your loved one home alone?
- Upset that you have to witness a decline?
- Guilty that you aren’t doing enough?
- Angry to answer the same question over and over again?
- Resentful that you had to stop your life to provide unappreciated care?
- Nervous about your loved one’s health?
- Powerless that this is happening to your loved one?
- Unprepared to physically handle your loved one?
- Annoyed that your relationship has been compromised?
- Anxious for next steps?
Our free services for Caregivers include:
- Comprehensive consultation to review your specific situation
- Emotional Support
- “Powerful Tools for Caregivers” Information and Training
- Referrals for a wide range of community resources
- Support Groups
- Quality joint programs for you and your loved one
- Meditation, Yoga, and Stretching
- Assistance coordinating long term care and gathering documentation
- Coordination of home health aide assistance (limited)
- Incontinence & Nutritional Supplies (limited)
- Linkage to benefits & entitlements, including SNAP (food stamps) and Medicaid
Free translation service available!
All services are available in locations throughout Staten Island (both South and North Shore).
For more information, please contact Allisyn Wise, Director of the Caregiver Support Center, at 718-475-5287 or email@example.com.
The Caregiver Support Center is supported in part by grants from the New York State Department of Health and the New York City Department for the Aging.
The JCC provides vital services to every constituency on our Island with the goal of making it a better place for everyone.
Mingle & Socialize” is a UJA-Federation of New York-funded program to address isolation among the senior adult population. The JCC collaborates with local community Rabbis to provide clients with individual counseling and socialization groups, including monthly information sessions, walking club, trip club and theater group. (Watch for monthly dates and topics!) Support groups run in 6-week sessions and target the needs of our participants; past support groups include Bereavement for Widows/Widowers, Beating the Blues, Managing Stress, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and Bereavement for Caregivers.
Limited short-term counseling is available.
This program has been designed to aid with:
- Social Isolation
- Marital Issues/Separation/Divorce
- Health and Wellness
- Life’s Transitions
- Short-term Counseling
- Legal, Financial & Career Resources
- Community Events and Synagogue Workshops
For more information on socialization groups or support groups, please contact Neshama Marcus, LMSW, Director of Social Services, at 718.475.5228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.